It was in our fifth year of marriage, we hit a rut. We stopped connecting. Sure, we were comfortable with each other. So comfortable that we stopped asking discovery questions. You know… the questions you ask when you’re dating, like what are your dreams, goals, desires in life?
Maybe you’re there too… we thought it might be helpful to compile a list of questions that can spark that connecting conversation that gets you out of the rut. These questions below will help deepen and expand your relationship. Asking open ended questions is proven to build connection, a deeper friendship and greater intimacy. Be courageous- schedule time and take turns answering these questions about your mate.
- Name one of my hobbies?
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, where would I go?
- If I could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
- What is one of my greatest fears?
- What is my favorite way to spend an evening?
- What is one of my favorite ways to be soothed?
- What is my favorite sex position/foreplay?
- What would I consider my ideal job?
- What are my greatest strengths?
- What is the most adventurous thing I have done?
- If I didn’t have to worry about making a living, what would I most likely do for the rest of my life?
- What is my favorite memory from our wedding day?
- Bonus— ask each other your hi and your low from the day!
This is just to get you started… you have to keep going!
Comment below with what questions you guys use to get the conversation started.