It was in our fifth year of marriage, we hit a rut.
We stopped connecting. Sure, we were comfortable with each other. So comfortable that we stopped asking discovery questions. You know… the questions you ask when you’re dating, like what are your dreams, goals, desires in life?
Maybe you’re there too… so we thought it might be helpful to compile a list of questions that can spark that connecting conversation that gets you out of the rut. Asking open-ended questions is proven to build connection, a deeper friendship and greater intimacy.
- What do you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite way to relax when things get hectic?
- In what areas do you find it the hardest to be open and honest with me?
- What would you like to be known for both professionally and personally?
- What is your favorite sex position?
- Who are two people you most admire?
- What would you consider your ideal job?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
- What are you most proud of in our relationship?
- What is your favorite memory from our wedding day?
This is just to get you started… you have to keep going!
If you found this blog post helpful, make sure to check out our book 365 Connecting Questions for Couples. We promise you’ll see some quick wins in your relationship!